Inspiration and MindGenius are mind mapping applications.
You could use mind mapping applications to
- brainstorm ideas
- summarise a topic or course in a more visual format
- plan your thesis or dissertation
- identify relationships between ideas
- plan group activities
- strengthen understanding of a topic or concept, and build retention – especially if you’re a visual learner
- add colour and pictures to improve memory recall
There are two mind mapping applications on the Heriot-Watt network – MindGenius and Inspiration – both have tablet versions available. See
You can also download the full version of MindGenius to your own PC or laptop see Software for Personal Use.
You can see MindGenius in action at the Power Hour on 9th February 2017 at 12:15 on the Edinburgh campus – see MindMap with MindGenius for details.