You could simplify your course notes and highlight key concepts and terms to help you remember key points.
Mind mapping software can be useful when summerising, with the added advantage of giving a visual representation that many people find helpful when trying to remember things.
The key points to remember when creating your mind map are: –
- Create your map from the centre and work outwards
- Keep your points brief – use key words, authors, theories or processes
- Use lines to show connections between things
- Be prepared to re-work the map until you are happy with the organization (using software to create your maps makes this quick and easy)
- Include colour, symbols and pictures to make it more memorable